Being an artist is hard and not only because of creative blocks and lack of good work opportunities but also because you have to deal with some really annoying questions and stereotypes.
Below are some of the most annoying ones we came across. If you think we missed out on any, feel free to mention them in the comments box.
1. Will You Draw Me?
Will you pay me?
2. Art Is A Hobby, Not A Profession
Is interfering in other’s business counted as a hobby or profession?
3. Do All Artist Do Drugs?
How else do you think we can answer all these questions??
4. I have a project for you, the pay isn’t great but you’ll get a lot of exposure
Last time I tried paying my bills through exposure, but couldn’t
5. You’re an artist? You look so normal
Oh wait! I forgot to wear my uniform
6. Any traumatic emotional experience that made you an artist?
Can you stop watching those movies please?
7. Hey, even I can use Photoshop
Hey wow, that’s the only thing needed to be a designer
8. It’ll look better if you would just change ……..
Mah Art Mah Rules
9. You’re Lucky to Have Artistic Talent
Yeah! Staying up till 2 a.m working is nowhere related to hardwork. It’s all luck
10. Are you depressed?
Well, no jokes or sarcasm here. Depression is a serious issue and shouldn’t be used casually. Some artists just like to draw gloomy things, doesn’t mean they’re suffering.
GIFs Credit – via GIPHY